On November 9, Puerto Ventanas opened "Puerto Abierto" Community Center, located in Pedro Aldunate Solar Street Nº 1250, Ventanas, Puchuncaví commune.
The center wants to become a place where they converge various initiatives, both residents and workers of Puerto Ventanas.
The Community Center "Puerto Abierto" has as main objective to contribute to the social and cultural development of the community of Ventanas, La Greda, Chocota and its immediate surroundings, in order to improve the quality of life of its inhabitants and strengthen their cultural identity , fostering a space for recreation and development of cultural and artistic events, among others.
It is a space where territorial or functional organizations, individuals and Puerto Ventanas workers may hold meetings, community activities, charity and others.
The Community Center "Puerto Abierto" wanted:
- Promote instances and meeting places where the inhabitants of the commune have spaces for living, information, dialogue and, in general, all activities of social, economic and cultural.
- Encourage cultural initiatives, training and participatory, such as cultural performances, workshops, libraries and courses, creating alliances with other actors in the region in the cultural, artistic, academic and social, thus providing for physical spaces and tools that facilitate different types their achievement.
- Promote and encourage the development of social organizations and cultural character, providing them with the advice and support needed for smooth functioning and growth.
- Encourage private sector coordination with the public sector , and to encourage the participation of all sectors of society in those actions that say regarding improving the quality of life of the community.
- Contribute to the design, management and implementation of initiatives and projects that aim to develop communities and surrounding windows.
In compliance with the objectives set by the Community Center have been doing several activities such as celebration of the feast of Christmas, classical music concerts, exhibitions of paintings and photographs and various workshops that promote healthy living, education and culture.