The context of culture, values and corporate principles of Puerto Ventanas, compromises the strict respect for Human Rights. In our activities and services offered, are monitoring impacts that may occur in human rights. They are core values respect for the right to life, to health and to live in a healthy environment , which are considered as a "Policy quality, environment, occupational health and safety".
The Company is committed to developing initiatives to promote gender equality policies to their employees as well as seek to eliminate barriers to vulnerable groups . Promotes economic and social integration policies with the community in their area of influence, through training, links with the educational system and local economic activity . It also develops corporate social responsibility initiatives , aimed at the neighboring community .
In the body of values and principles, Puerto Ventanas partners are essential.
Based on principles of social dialogue, communication and working relationships are developed , promoting free association of workers, who are grouped in two unions. They agree to work and contractual conditions through collective bargaining .
Compensation of employees considered a set of benefits that favor the development of their personal and family projects .
Working conditions conform to standards of protection of the health and safety of its employees, with an organizational structure specially dedicated for this purpose, supported by a health and safety policy oriented on the principle of prevention.
Thus strictly to what the law states Accident and Occupational Diseases and technical recommendations that institutions that administer compliance occurs .
The Company promotes the integral development of its employees through training and education initiatives .
Since the port industry requires workers eventual character with its partners in this mode the Company complies with applicable labor standards and additionally provides contract conditions that exceed these requirements , delivering social benefits.
The main commitment is to responsibly use the marine resources and the coastal area where the port is located, seeking to promote sustainable development through an ethical and respectful behavior in the community , the environment and the actors involved in the business.
The activities and services of Puerto Ventanas, conform to international industry standards and is in the process of recertification of ISO 9001:2008 for Quality Management Systems and in the process of implementing an Integrated Management System , which also includes standards ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety.
Puerto Ventanas develops initiatives and policies like:
Policy of quality , environment, safety and occupational health. Subscription port protocols for tasks that involve companies using the port. These protocols are coordinated and supervised by the authority. Protocols for action in emergencies. Incorporating environmental standards and responsibilities in contracts with companies using the port. Diffusion and training for workers and communities in the area of influence. Applies protocols spill drills and tests coordinated with the maritime authority. Has equipment and trained to deal with emergencies Brigade. This Brigade supports the community in contingencies such as fire.
Commitment to clean production
The port has a plan to protect the environment, committed to the agreement with the Council for Clean Production. They contain:
1) Improve environmental management, incorporating the best available techniques:
- Cover the cargo entering the port.
- Close the transfer towers, preventing airborne dust.
- Identify potential sources of coal responsible for settlings on the Ventanas industrial complex waterfront and generation of an action plan for their control.
- Prevent trucks carrying material that can contaminate washing the wheels of trucks leaving the port.
Develop an integrated management system.
- Cover all stockpiles of copper concentrate, preventing airborne dust. .
2) Create an energy efficiency plan, which has committed define a baseline consumption and then the development of alternative reduction.
3) Strengthen health and safety.
4) Promote social responsibility actions to the community:
- Visual protection to care the landscape.
- Labor programs.
- Training focused at the population of the area.
- Supplier development.
- Working with the community.
- Promote actions to protect the biodiversity of the area, taking regular water samples, which are reported to the authorities.
A relevant group for Puerto Ventanas is the community that is part of its area of influence . A value respecting the interests, rights and concerns of the community, understanding community individuals, organizations and their representatives, the area of influence of Puerto Ventanas, in the location of Ventanas, Puchuncaví .
It ensures that the interests of the community, the expectations of society and sustainable development, are considered in the decisions and activities of the Company. The Company undertakes to respect their cultural identity, care for their environment, promoting the rights of health and education, favoring vulnerable groups and enhance the economic activities of the area.
Try to build relationships based on trust and transparency, keeping the community informed about the various activities and services of the port, articulating the link from a space of community integration.
Puerto Ventanas implemented initiatives like:
- A significant number of inhabitants in the area include Puerto Ventanas partners.
- It has supported the creation of jobs and skills development.
- They have run training courses to enhance the employability of vulnerable families.
- Collaboration to the dual education system, offering practical for students, specialties Administration, Electricity and Electronics, who attend two days a week into the port.
- Opening the port community through visits to their facilities.
- Informing the community of the activities and services of the port, through a radio program on a local media, which becomes a channel of consultation and community input.
- Community Center meeting space for the development of common interests between company and community.