Puerto Ventanas CSR
Puerto Ventanas leading private port in the central zone of Chile. It is governed by a Board of 7 members, who are elected by the shareholders and are appointed for three years. They are supported by independent external auditors examining the accounting, inventory, balance sheet and other financial statements.
The executive work is carried out by managers, who must account for the management of the Company to the Board.
Your social responsibility policy compromises their performance based on respect for national and international laws.
The Company has defined values and principles for its employees, which govern the behavior:
1) Corporate values:
- Excellence, commitment and responsible behavior with customers, suppliers, employees and community, respect for employees and families, commitment to sustainable development and sustained compliance with environmental standards.
2) Principles and rules of conduct in business:
- Excellence, integrity, commitment, teamwork, perseverance, consistency, respect, honesty and responsibility.
3) Puerto Ventanas has a Code of Ethics which sets standards of business conduct:
- Prevents interest conflicts.
- Protects sensitive information.
- It is committed to nondiscrimination.
- Opposes any kind of corruption, preventing the occurrence of crimes.
- Protects workers from occupational diseases and accidents, prohibits the use of alcohol and drugs.
- Against sexual harassment and employment.
- Prohibits giving or receiving gifts that may create conflicts of interest.
- Protects health, safety and the environment.
- It is committed to developing products and services that have no undue environmental impacts that are safe and efficient use of energy and natural resources.
Puerto Ventanas is committed to its stakeholders and is open to receive public consultations, attempting to establish the mechanisms for enforcing them, ensuring the privacy of queries or complaints. As required by law, Puerto Ventanas has a Crime Prevention Model to prevent money laundering, financing of illegal activities and bribing public officials. Puerto Ventanas endorses the International Code for the Security of Ships and Port Facility Security (ISPS).